More Chocolate Euphoria Cookie Bars

So I finally remembered to take the Chocolate Euphoria Cookie bars out of the fridge, to discover that the last layer of chocolate on top had burnt rather than melted (as I suspect was intended). This meant that the cocoa pops were still loose, and that realistically, the cookie bars could not be eaten without a spoon. (I did in actual fact eat one with a spoon, just to do a taste test. Without the burnt chocolate, it would have been a real chocolate euphoria.)

To remedy this, (I spent like £15 on ingredients - no way this was going in the bin!!) I picked off the lumps of burnt chocolate. I then broke up about two or three easter eggs and some random cooking chocolate I found in the baking cupboard, and melted it in the microwave. I then used a spatula to spread the melted chocolate in an even layer over the cocoa pops, and put the dish in the hot oven for another 5-10 minutes before putting it back in the fridge. It worked a treat, and the bars were done in time for Rob's birthday. (Rob is my special person.)


As you can see, they have already been rather popular. If anyone does try making these at home, I recomend using a basic 'chocolate rice krispy cake' mix for the top layer. My niece and nephew have both requested these at their respective birthdays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment